Posted January 23rd, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
As a way to continuously improve, District 54 has chosen to provide the optional 5Essentials parent survey. The parent survey is only 26 questions and the state estimates you can complete it in 10 minutes. The survey is available in English and Spanish.
If you have more than one child at a school, you should complete only one survey for that school. In addition, only one parent or guardian per household may participate in the survey. Parents with children enrolled in multiple schools may take the survey for each school. Schools are listed alphabetically by their full names. The parent data will not be reported on the State Report Card. If at least 20 percent of our parents complete this survey, a parent supplement will be generated. Our current Armstrong Parent Response Rate is 2%. Please help us reach at least 20% by visiting https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/ between Jan. 12 and March 13, 2015.
Posted January 22nd, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
Township High School District 211 will be hosting their Fifth Annual GEMS Extravaganza. Parents of 5th & 6th grade girls will find more information HERE.
Posted January 21st, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
With our official flier, you can order food between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. today and Armstrong School’s PTA will receive 20% of the food receipts in support of the programs they sponsor at our school. Please join us!
Posted January 19th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
With recent frigid temperatures, it is a great time for a reminder about appropriate dress for the weather. Please be sure to send your child with a heavy jacket, gloves, a hat, and a scarf. Our students do go outside for recess when the temperature is above 0 degrees, so please help us ensure students stay warm and comfortable outside.
Posted January 18th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
On Wednesday, January 21st we are sponsoring a special presentation for the parents with children in the Eisenhower feeder schools (Churchill, John Muir, Armstrong, and MacArthur). Join us, along with the Internet Safety Specialist from the Attorney General’s Office and Officer Turman from the Hoffman Estates Police Department, as we continue our efforts to protect and educate our children. Some of the topics that we will be discussing include; cyberbullying, digital citizenship, privacy, self-representation, sexting, and online predation. Please see this FLIER for more information about this event.
Posted January 15th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
You’ll find additional information about this WEDNESDAY, January 21st event HERE or online at http://sd54.org/spu.
Posted January 14th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
ARMSTRONG PTA is currently taking hot lunch orders February 2015 through May 2015. Orders must be received by Friday, January 30, 2015 to ensure your child will receive the February hot lunch.
Please use the hot lunch order form HERE to select the lunches you wish to purchase and send this form with payment to school
A few reminders…
- You may purchase for one month or two months or as many months as you like.
- A drink will be included with each order. If your children ordered milk through the milk program, they will still be offered their milk on Hot Lunch day as well.
- Our hot lunch program does offer peanut-free choices, however, we cannot guarantee everything will be soy free. In light of the fact that this food is prepared off site, trace amounts of peanuts and other nuts may be present. If your child is allergic to nuts or other food substance(s), caution should be exercised.
- Please make sure you mark your selection when multiple items are offered. Failure to indicate a preference will result in the first option being selected.
- Total all lunches on the order form and return it with the EXACT AMOUNT of the payment due in an envelope labeled HOT LUNCH with your child’s name, room #, teacher name, phone # and parent signature. Overpayments will be considered a donation to the PTA. Checks or money orders made out to Armstrong PTA are strongly preferred. If you have to pay with cash, please pay at a PTA meeting or contact your committee member to make arrangements to pay cash in person. PTA will not be responsible for lost or missing cash.
- There will be no refunds or substitutions! If your child is absent on a Hot Lunch day, you may pick lunch up in the office at Armstrong at 11:30 a.m.
- You will receive a confirmation of your order indicating the lunch dates and preferences you have selected.
If you have any questions, please contact Hot Lunch Chairperson Julie Pekovitch at 847-344-9721 or via e-mail.
Thank you in advance for supporting the Armstrong PTA!
Posted January 12th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
On January 21st Eisenhower will be sponsoring a special presentation inviting the Eisenhower feeder schools (Churchill, John Muir, Armstrong, and MacArthur). Today’s youth have integrated the use of digital devices into their daily lives and utilize social media apps to communicate with the world around them. Technology integration that encourages social interaction and self-expression presents new opportunities for youth, while at the same time challenging parents and teachers as we work together to keep youth healthy and safe. Join us, along with the Internet Safety Specialist from the Attorney General’s Office and Officer Turman from the Hoffman Estates Police Department, as we continue our efforts to protect and educate our children. Some of the topics that we will be discussing include; cyberbullying, digital citizenship, privacy, self-representation, sexting, and online predation. Please click HERE for more information about this event.
Posted January 11th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
The Armstrong staff is looking forward to sharing your child’s progress during Student Led Conferences this Thursday and Friday. During these conferences, your child will share winter MAP scores and revisit the goals that were set in the fall, including their progress and action steps. Please contact your child’s teacher if there is a conflict with your conference appointment. During conferences on Thursday, families are also invited to visit our FUSE Lab in Room 218. Mr. Loduha will be facilitating the lab during this time. Come see examples of the STEM curriculum your child(ren) are learning this year!
Posted January 9th, 2015 by Judy Meyer Hays
Due to the severe weather and school cancellations some school events have been rescheduled. They are:
- PTA Hot Dog Day which is now scheduled for Monday, January 12th.
- The Science Fair registration deadline has been extended until Tuesday, January 13th.
- Our January PBIS assembly was cancelled. January Students of the Month will be recognized at our next assembly on February 4th at 12:30pm.